Larry L. Johnson
-  Invited to speak at Workshop in Costa Rica, " Paving the Road
to Service Oriented Architecture: BPM and MDA"
-  Convener of International Out-reach on Records Management, London
-  National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) Records
Management Services Component (RMSC) Workshop - Participated in an invitational
industry/academic panel formed on behalf NARA to review the high-level
functional requirements necessary to develop Record Management Service
Components (RMSC's). The review provided NARA broad perspective by industry
experts and ensured that no major considerations or requirements were excluded.
-  Keynote Speaker at OMG WebSim Workshop on Modeling
-  Session Chair for "Practical Model Driven Architecture (MDA)
I & II" at OMG MDA Implementers' Workshop
-  Sole American Liaison to European Union project
ViP-RoaM defining the direction and profile of projects in
engineering systems integration under the 6th Framework of EU
- [2000-03] Member, Object Management Group (OMG) Board of Directors.
- MSC.Software representative to the OMG.
- [2000-01] Chair of the second Joint Product Data Management Submission Team
(JPDM) leading a coalition of PDM vendors in a collaboration to produce a
single joint submission of a PDM Enablers V2.0 standard interface specification
to the OMG.
- [1998-2003] Chair of the OMG Manufacturing and Industrial Systems Task
Force (ManTIS) responsible for producing standards germane to
- [1998-2003] Chair of the OMG Product & Process Engineering Working
Group of the ManTIS Task Force responsible for issuance of standards in
areas of PDM, CAD, CAM, CAE, Part Classification, etc.
- [1998-99] Chair of the OMG Product Data Management Revision Task Forces
(PDM RTF) which was responsible for producing Versions 1.1 and 1.2 of the PDM
-  Organized and Facilitated International Workshops to
harmonize STEP (ISO 10303) PDM Schema standard with OMG PDM Enablers Standard.
Workshop brought together PDM experts and authors from the STEP and OMG
-  Chair of the Joint Product Data Management Submission Team
(JPDM) leading a coalition of PDM vendors in collaboration to produce a single
joint submission of a PDM standard to the OMG. Resultant standard was adopted
as an OMG standard in July 1998.
- [1993-97] Steering Committee Member, Rapid Response Manufacturing
- [1996-99] Represented the National Center of Manufacturing Sciences (NCMS)
in the Object Management Group as their voting technical representative.
- [1994-96] Rapid Response Manufacturing Liaison to Object Management Group.
- [1992-96] Rapid Response Manufacturing Liaison to IGES/PDES Organization
-  Represented CALS for Enterprise Integration Committee at Application
Integration Architecture Workshop, Dallas TX. The workshop was a
"summit" of consortia and standards groups to harmonize technical
- [1991-94] Vice Chairman of CALS Profile for Enterprise Integration Committee. Co-Lead in production of a
white paper, "Profile of Enterprise Integration" for CALS Industry
Working Group. Author of "Infrastructure Services Architecture of the
Profile for Enterprise Integration". Papers were presented at CALS Expo's
from 1992 through 1994.
- [1990-92] Member of the Computer Science Curriculum Advisory Board
of Richland Community College, Dallas TX.
- [1986-90] Adjunct Lecturer in Computer Science at Texas Woman's University,
-  Invited to NIST Workshop on Information Integration. Resulted
in NIST Special Publication 500-167, September 1989.
- [1987-90] Represented Texas Instruments as community monitor of
Department of Defense contract conducted by Honeywell to develop standards for
Engineering Information Systems that would enable inter-corporate product
design information interchange.
This page last updated 10 July 2006
© Copyright 2003-2006 Larry L. Johnson, all riights reserved